Promate Electronics aims to become one of the best companies to work for, fulfill its corporate social responsibilities, and take care of its employees. Apart from providing labor and health insurance, pension, family care leave, menstrual leave, antenatal leave, maternity leave, paternity leave, unpaid parental leave, and other benefits, it offers a four-day vacation leave each year, which is additional to what the labor law stipulates. This is for employees to take proper rest and enhance family relationships through traveling beyond work. Other employee welfares are listed as follows:
- An employee welfare committee is in place to arrange and administer various welfare programs, including family day activities, travel subsidies, wedding and funeral subsidies, injury and hospitalization compensations, nursery subsidies, vegetable-forward restaurants, discounts at selected stores, and other diverse club activities covering arts and humanities, sports and fitness, religion, and parent-child interaction.
- In addition to labor and health insurance, the Company also arranges group accident insurance for all employees.
- Those traveling abroad for work are covered by travel safety insurance.
- Perform employee health check-ups every two years.
- In addition to the year-end bonus, colleagues in sales units will also receive work performance bonuses on the three major national holidays.
- Allocating employee cash bonuses based on the achievement of operating goals.
- Providing internal and external training courses with the goal of long term cultivation of talents.
- There is a staff lounge, vegetable-forward restaurant, coffee shop, library, massage station, and a breastfeeding room to provide a safe and friendly working environment.
- Holding lectures on environmental protection and food safety. Setting up a vegetable-forward canteen and, through subsidies, encourage employees to support local farmers in addition to promoting the idea of “eat locally and eat at ease.”
- In addition, in compliance with the “Act of Gender Equality in Employment,” aside from zero differences and discrimination based on gender in various employee benefits, the reinstatement rate of employees on unpaid nursery leave in the past two years is as high as 100%, enabling talented workers who are temporarily unable to enter the workplace to retain their jobs, for the time being, according to their nursery needs, then resume their careers once they can devote themselves to the workplace.
Establishing a Supervisory Committee of Labor Retirement Reserve, also forming organizational rules of the Committee and retirement methods. According to the “Labor Standards Act,” the Company contributes 2% of an employee’s monthly wage as their retirement fund and deposits them into a special account under the name of the Supervisory Committee of Labor Retirement Reserve at Bank of Taiwan.
Since July 1, 2005, the Company has established a retirement plan based on the Labor Pension Act, which applies to all employees who are citizens of the R.O.C. The Company selects for employees the appropriate labor pension system stipulated in the Labor Pension Act, contributing 6% of an employee’s monthly wage to their personal pension accounts at the Bureau of Labor Insurance. The employees’ pension could be withdrawn as monthly pension payments or lump sum payments based on their pension accounts and accrued dividends.
Safety of the Work Environment and Employees' Personal Safety
The Company is committed to building a safe and healthy workplace environment and corporate culture. To fulfill corporate social responsibilities, the Company actively promotes environmental protection and safety and health activities; it is committed to pollution prevention, waste reduction, and resource reusing; it also manages potential environmental, safety, and health hazards through continuous risk improvements.
For the workplace environment safety, on top of the legally required periodic fire inspection reports, building public safety inspection reports, and workplace monitoring, the devices and fire equipment are also under regular maintenance and inspection to ensure that they meet safety standards; additionally, to ensure that the workplace continues to meet safety and health standards, the Company regularly monitors the quality of drinking water, lighting, and carbon dioxide concentration in the workplace, ensuring the quality of the workplace and protecting the health of employees to avoid occupational diseases.
Occupational safety and health policies
Promate has occupational safety personnel who conduct hazard assessments and continuous risk improvements regarding various operations and working areas of the Company. Additionally, it instills in the employees correct occupational safety and health information through pre-employment safety and health training, employee occupational safety and health training, safety promotions, fire drills, and escape drills. Hoping to reduce occupational safety and health accidents and do its best to protect employees.
The company's occupational disaster statistics in the past two years
|Taipei Head Office
Healthy Workplace Certification Mark
Average of employee salary adjustment
on full-time employees who are not in managerial positions in 2020
between the Company’s operating performance and employee compensation &
salary of employees (thousand)
of employees-annual average (person)
|Remuneration of the employee is set according to the Company’s charter and is also calculated using the Company’s profit (pre-tax net profit) of the year and the employee’s position, profession, contribution, and annual evaluation performance as the basis of salary adjustments and bonuses.